Monday, August 5, 2013

The Last Day

Erik has been off for about ten days (he went back to work today, sad panda) and yesterday was our last "official" day as a family of 3, since Grandma Pat arrives today and will stay until the baby comes. I was a little sad, to be honest. We went to church and then to brunch at the local (how do you say?) greasy spoon. We played trucks with G while we waited, quizzing him on what color each one was, which was bigger, which was smaller, which had lights, etc, and I realized he's not going to get that kind of undivided attention from both of us for a long time. I guess maybe it's good that he doesn't know what exactly is coming his way.

I had every intention of doing something sweet and fun with G, but we came home and I fell asleep on the couch for like 4 hours. Whoops. Then I acted on a growing concern that the baby wasn't moving very much and ended up on the maternity ward for another two hours to be monitored (she's fine).

The best of intentions...

I did end up (finally) shopping for his big brother gifts for Piper to "bring" him when she comes. He's getting a few books, a card game, a puzzle and a blue plastic airplane (so that hopefully the metal one can be hidden away until the baby is a little less fragile). And best of all, they'll come in a blue backpack covered in planes, trains and automobiles. He's desperate for a "pack pack" he can carry himself, so I think this little package will earn P a one way ticket right into G's sweet little heart.

1 comment: