Wednesday, December 3, 2014

I'm Back!

But don't get too excited

So we're here, at my mom's place in Oklahoma. I am getting used to having cable again. I really missed the Food Network. (Seriously, why is that channel so soothing?!)

Erik is in Georgia.

Mom had her surgery and is doing well.

The 2.5 days long road trip went far better than anticipated and we were able to catch up with old friends on the way.

P went from being a crawler to toddling to full on walking. She's now to attempting to run to keep up with big brother. She's not a baby anymore.

G has started a new school, and though I don't think he gets quite the warm and fuzzies that he got at his old school (and how could he, nothing could ever be the same as being one of the first two kids to get the school off the ground) he talks about new friends and likes his teachers a lot.

One rainy day I ran in to my college BFF and her husband (also a close college friend) at Target. We hadn't been in the same place in YEARS. It was lovely.

Thanksgiving has come and gone. Erik came home for the weekend and of course, all was right with the world once again. We had a great meal and our "traditional" Elf breakfast (which I failed to photograph).

G paid his first visit to the dentist and did BEAUTIFULLY! He didn't complain once about a full cleaning and exam. The hygienists was thrilled, I was proud and G was given many prizes. The TV above the exam chair probably made the biggest difference.

Now Christmas is in full swing and I'm writing this by the glow of the Christmas tree.

That covers the last 2 months, right? Okay, great, let's get back in the swing of things!

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered your blog and I must say I love it ! Check out my blog too :) eldarlenk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete