Tuesday, January 10, 2017

New Year

Well I could take the time to rehash the holidays, but I'll do that in our family year book for the kids, and the other family that reads this were here, so I guess we'll move on to a fresh year. I'll tell you what though, I cooked so much in my bare feet on that hard floor that my back STILL hurts. Because I'm old.

Anyway, I'm not super great with the resolutions. I like when people have a word of the year, so I've decided to do that this year.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

I've also decided to just have a list of things I really work on this year. I think I blogged earlier about how now that Nash is bigger and I'm coming out of the fog of birthing 3 kids in 4 years it's time to get my life together.

So the word of the year fell into place.

Focus.

I haven't quite figured out which month is going to be which focus, but I guess I should get on that. Because I'm also working on not procrastinating. Because I think that would solve a lot of my problems.

(((OMG did my door bell just ring? WHY DO PEOPLE RING DOOR BELLS DURING THE DAY? KIDS ARE ALWAYS SLEEPING!!!!!)))

As I was saying: Focus.

This month my focus is on getting up before the kids, getting my coffee and taking a moment to meditate and just sort of awaken slowly. I already got up before them most days so I could shower, but I wanted to take a moment in which I wasn't immediately task oriented.

I admit, we're 4 days in, and today I was a little slower because Nash was up a lot teething and also Erik was here - making things less hectic, but I can really see a difference! All the mom bloggers in all the land talk about getting up before your kids to get a jump on them, and now I get it. I HATE getting up even 2 minutes before what is absolutely necessary, but I can honestly say that I have enjoyed my quiet time in the mornings. I definitely think I'm on to something!

Also, I'm 10 days and 11 bags into a 40 bags in 40 days purge AND twice now I have slept more than 10 hours. 2017 is off to a pretty good start!



No comments:

Post a Comment