Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My mom and sister arrived last Saturday. So far we have gone snorkeling with Erik at Ko'Olina (well, Jessi did. Mom passed and while I tried, I just couldn't get my cheap K-Mart snorkel to work right. I'm taking it back.) On Monday, I took Erik and Ichi onto post so they could fly to California for a week. Boo. I did find out tonight though, that Erik *should* be back home for at least part of our anniversary! YAY! Today, mom, Jess and I took a tour at the Hawaiian Plantation Village. Our docent was uber-smart and full of info, turning an hour tour into an almost 3 hour tour! Then we lunched and went to the Dole Plantation. We were too full for pineapple whip, but I'll tell you what - that stuff is DEEElicious (I tried it with Pat and Ken. Did I already tell you that?)

Speaking of Pat and Ken, they made the journey back to the Northland on Sunday, but not before putting all the pictures they took throughout their time here on our computer! And now, since they're available, more pic of paradise!

Baxter is cute, no?

Our living room.

This is the view from the end of our driveway, looking right.
The house looks HUGE in this picture!

Erik and I at the Paradise Cove Luau. It was NOT what I expected in a luau. Mom, Jess and I are hitting the one at the Polynesian Cultural Center on Thursday, I'll let you know if that one is more like what I expected.

Pat and Ken at the luau.
We were engrossed - a man was twirling a fire stick. It was the most luau-like spectacle, in my opinion.

There are about 200 more pictures, but I'm pretty tired...

1 comment: