Thursday, February 19, 2009

Exciting!

Two exciting things have happened today.

The first was that Jackie sent me a package full of all kinds of exciting Maine-things! It was much appreciated and came on one of those days when it was nice to know that folks are thinking of you. Thanks again, Jackie!

The second exciting thing to happen today is that I got to talk to Erik on skype tonight. If you don't know, I sent Erik his laptop and he bought us webcams and skype is a program that you put on your computer that enables you to web chat, so we're able to talk to each other and SEE each other as we talk. It's really pretty amazing. Ask him, I just sat here saying "This is really amazing". It's already tomorrow where he is, and I'm talking to him on webcam! AMAZING! Anyway, since he works the night shift we're able to get together at what has turned out to be a perfect time for both of us. I'm eager to see if this makes the time go faster or slower. I'm just happy to be able to see him and to talk to him more. Baxter on the other hand was kind of weirded out by it all. "I see dad, I hear dad, but where the heck is he?!"

Sidenote: I went to the gym this afternoon and I decided that I'd put a little makeup on before I "met" with Erik online. Without even thinking I put on perfume too! Hah!

Anyway, I'm going to go to bed and crack open one of the half dozen tour books I got for our R&R trip. What a nice day.

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome! That is cool about the webcams. I will have to keep that in mind for Aaron's next deployment.

    Where are you guys going for R&R? You already live in paradise! :o)

    ReplyDelete