Thursday, June 4, 2009

2 Years Already...

So the other night we were on skype and the conversation went as follows:

Sheena: Can you believe you've been home for almost two years?!
Erik: Um.. I haven't...

But this deployment seems so different from the last, it's hard to call them by the same name. Don't think I'm cold-hearted. All I'm sayin' is that getting to talk on skype nearly every night (which is AMAZING, by the way - we are really lucky) is a far cry from 20 minute phone calls once or twice a month for 16 frickin' months. Besides, in the nearly 5 years we've been together we've spent a grand total of probably about 18 months together in the same place, so what do you think is the norm for us? That's right, separation bridged by phone calls. Not that that a deployment could ever be on par with him being safe and sound hanging out at his apartment in Carthage, I'm just making a point.

At any rate, the picture below still really moves me and portrays one of the very best moments of my life *cue cheesy music* You will likely find me thinking about this day every June 4 for a very, very long time.




See you and me have a better time than most can dream
Have it better than the best
So we can pull on through
Whatever tears at us, whatever holds us down
And if nothing can be done
We'll make the best of what's around.
-DMB

1 comment:

  1. You are very lucky that their internet is so good Sheena! I am happy that you are able to see Erik so often. It really does wonders for a relationship. :)

    ReplyDelete