Monday, July 13, 2009

Alright, I’ve had it.

Note: This has been a long time coming, but I've been too busy to post it:

So, the other day I had to take a tour of the Hilton Hawaiian Village for work (long story) and they told us this story: They have several towers of rooms on the property and one tower is like a whole resort in itsself, for the famous folk. Well aparently, Michael Jackson stayed there in the mid-nineties and just recently someone knocked on the door of the room they found out he had stayed in and asked to take a picture. Seriously? That person needs a thump on the head. I am so freakin’ tired of Michael Jackson I could gouge my own eyes and ears out with a rusty screwdriver.

I’m I sorry he died? Sure. I’m sorry when any one loses their life, and especially so when they leave behind young children. Am I upset that he died? Not really. I understand: King of Pop, yadda yadda yadda, but honestly, what did he do for us besides sing a few songs and give us something to gossip about? Most of my generation doesn’t even know him as anything other than a freako in a jumpsuit with just one glove who may or may not have molested children. I wasn’t around to appreciate the Jackson 5 or even the Michael Jackson of yesterday, back when he was “breaking down racial barriers in the music industry” by “(making) culture accept a person of color" (Al Sharpon’s words, not mine). All I know is what I see, and what I’ve seen over the past 25 years hasn’t been all that great. And I certainly wouldn’t herald him as a cultural icon for African Americans when it’s obvious that he wanted to be white.

My question to you America, is why is this guys death more important to you than the deaths of the thousands of American soldiers who have died in defense of your freedom? Did they get a banner on msn.com? No. Are their funerals put on TV? No. Is anyone worried about their children? Well, CNN isn’t,that’s for sure.

Michael Jackson left behind 3 young children and a mountain of debt for his family to work their way out from under. America’s solders have left us the freedom to do pretty much whatever, whenever we please. Unfortunately for them, we use that freedom to obsess over celebrities instead of paying a little attention to those who fight to keep this nation safe and free.

Makes.Me.Sick.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN to that. He was a icon, whatever. What about the moment in history that just occurred last week in Iraq, when the Iraq Army, that we've been working SO hard training, took control of their own cities? Isn't this what people have been waiting for, and it barely was mentioned! Oh, and the only thing that was mentioned on MSNBC about it was how there were bombs following the handover. The news here makes me sick. Our soldiers are doing so much more for our country than the freaking moonwalk. Changed music forever? How about changing our world forever? Who cares how he died? We all know it was drugs. Whatever. I'm all heated up now! Glad to know someone else feels the same as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheena,
    My name is Nickie. I am Jackie Pearsall's older sister. I have read you blog off of hers.
    I totally agree with you. It seems noone has remember all the allegations and crazy things he has done. I am so over it. It is amazing what constitutes news anymore.

    ReplyDelete