Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Team Edward

I've been MIA because I was drawn in by a book series and I could think of little else until I had devoured every word of every line on every page. Honest to goodness people, I read about 2,300 pages in about 10 days, while working (at least) 40 hours a week. I don't think I read that much in college... At one point, I gave serious consideration to calling in sick so I could finish one of the books. Then I rented the movie of the first book and watched it 4 times in as many days so I decided I needed to own it. I've watched it at least 3 times since buying it 2 weeks ago.

Did I mention the series was written for teenage girls? That's right, I'm obsessed with Twilight. And I'm not ashamed. I can't believe I didn't read this sooner! I fought off the recommendations thinking "How am I, a reasonably intelligent person, going to believe this girl falls in love with a vampire?" Well, let me tell you, I believe it now!

I have several countdowns going on in my life currently, and I'd be lying if I said one of them wasn't a count down to the second movie coming out in theaters. Luckily, the movie comes out the day of our ball after Erik gets home so I don't feel one bit bad about starting my week long Thanksgiving vacation a day early so I can go see it. How lucky Erik is that he'll be home in time for this!

So there you have it. I'm 14 years old.

2 comments:

  1. I can't remember if I have posted with you before. I am Jackie Pearsall's sister. I love reading your blog. I too loved the Twilight series. Another Jackie's friends clued me onto it. I read them just like you did. I really like Jacob in the books but not so much in the movie we will see what he looks like in the next movie because he changes so much. So glad you enjoyed them too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the movie first then read the books. I have since read all the books. Highly, highly enjoyed them! And I bought the movie which I watched 3 times in the first 48 hrs. I owned it.

    It was the characters as well as the scenery and music that completely sucked me in! Loved the music!

    PS I am so glad you are almost done with this deployment!!

    ReplyDelete