Monday, April 12, 2010

Back in the 808

I got home on Saturday afternoon. I had the brilliant idea to stay up all night Friday night (as I hadn't really adjusted to the time change anyway) and then sleep all the way home. I did end up cat-napping on the couch for a couple of hours but my plan worked just the same. I was only conscious for about the last hour and a half of my flight into Honolulu. I'm not saying I'll ever do that again, but it worked this time.

So home was good. It was great to see everyone, and I was able to drive myself from Oklahoma City to Cherokee (a good three hours) so that was amazing (no traffic on a 2 lane country road at midnight!), and of course there were plenty of Sonic drinks.

*******************************
I want a word that describes the feeling you get - a cold, sick feeling deep down inside - when you know something is going to happen that will change you, and you don't want it to but you can't stop it. And you know for the first time, for the very first time, that there will now be a before and an after, a was and a will be. And you will never again be quite the same person you were.
-Jennifer Donnelly

No comments:

Post a Comment