Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Traditions

At this point in my life, I hold tightly to two Christas traditions. Prepare to have your socks knocked off, people, these are deeeeeep.

1. Champagne Friday. My in-law's have a Champagne Friday every Friday. I'm too cheap for that (though I happily partake at their house), so we only do it every month or so. Ya know, when we thinking about it far enough in advance to put it on ice. BUT we always thinking about it the day after Thanksgiving! We have bubbly and decorate our tree. We have done this every year since we got married (though twice I've done it alone, thanks to deployments).

2. And this one dates back more than just 5 years: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I can't watch it if it's not the holiday season and during the holiday season I have to watch it as much as possible. You'd think I'd be sick of it, you'd think the lustre of quoting nearly every line would wear off, you'd think it would have been ruined for me when my dad told me to pause it a few years ago so he and my mom could tell me they were getting divorced (true story), but no. I still love it. However, there's a problem. I haven't been able to find my DVD copy since we moved here. I haven't looked for it before now, but now I want it and it's not here! The only logical reason is that the movers stole it. Both my mom and Erik deem this quite unlikely, but heck, I'd steal a copy if it were necessary! (Kidding... Kind of). But luckily I don't have to. Tonight (because I can't wait for it to be on TV tomorrow...) I shall venture to WalMart and buy another copy. It is NOT Christmas until I can see "the silent majesty of a winter's morn, the clean, cool chill of the holiday air, and an asshole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer."

You see what I did there? It's Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment