Monday, October 3, 2016

Things I Wish I Had Learned Before Striking Out on My Own

I thought of naming this post "Things I Wish My Parents Would Have Taught Me", but maybe they did and I just didn't pick it up.

Anyway, without further ado:

When you double a recipe, you don't need to double the cooking time (luckily for me, I learned that one after only one take)

When you're sick, don't just put the Vicks Vapo-Rub on your chest, put it on the tip of your nose and the bottoms of your feet. Putting socks on afterwards helps even more. (Shout out to my friend Maria for teaching me that a couple of years ago!)

How to study. I'm still not sure I know.

How to mow. (Learned that one the hard way when Erik went to Iraq)

Taco Bell past 8PM isn't a good idea. Ever.

Always wash your quinoa, even if the package says it's pre-washed (learned that one the hard way too)

Ironing and shoveling snow. There must be specific methods. I do not know them.






No comments:

Post a Comment