Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Glimpse Into The Future

You may or may not know that Erik is gone this week to the Big Island (the longest we've been apart since we got married *collective sigh*) and I noticed that many of the ladies at the coffee (including myself) had our phones out on our laps the whole time, hoping for a short "hey, how are you?" phone call from our guy and I realized... it's coming. And it's coming faster than I'd like. It, in this case, is the d-word. As I was driving home I thought about going home to an empty house and all the pots I had to unload from the backseat (I went to the PX before the coffee, I'm trying to grow things in my off time!) and how I'd wait until tomorrow so I didn't do it in the dark. I'm not ready to live alone yet, I'm still to skiddish. I have a few more chances to get used to it before he's gone for a year. It'll be easier when I have a job too. Enough about that.

Baxter misses Erik too. Last night we were watching TV on the couch and I said "Baxter where's daddy?!" and his ears perked up, then a car door slammed across the street and Bax bolted to the front door and stood there waiting for Erik to come in... Poor little guy. I'll have to be careful not to torture him while Erik is gone. :)

So the girls and I are looking forward to Friday for the Sex and the City movie. Boy oh boy, I'm beyond stoked. We are going to go have dinner and drinks then head to the theater. After it's over, it could be time to go get Erik! I feel bad for the girls though, Rich and Nate won't be home for 10ish more days.

Oh, and I locked myself out of the house on Monday and had to walk over to the neighbors (in my PJ's) and borrow his phone. 2 hours and a hefty chunk of change later I got into my house. Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment