Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Spice Fairy paid us a visit!

Last week sometime I was on the phone with my mother-in-law and we were talking about the fact that my spices were old so I tossed most of them when we left OK and when we got here I forgot to buy more (and I continue to forget because I'm only reminded when I reach for something in the cabinet that isn't there!) And she suggested I check out this website that Andrea (Erik's sister) gets her spices from. And of course, I forgot to do that too.

....days pass...

So I went out shopping with the girls today (because that's what unemployed people do, right?) and when I came home there was a Penzeys (thats the spice company) box on my door step with an unsigned note that says "Heard you needed some help stocking your spice cabinet, these should help you out" and in this box is like (and I'm not exaggerating!) 35 different types of spices! I'm so stoked! Granted, my cooking skills are moderate at best, but this makes me want to get into the kitchen and whip up a feast!

I'm not sure who the Spice Fairy is, but I'll let you know when I find out. I have some ideas...

_____

So anyway, as you can see, we made it to Hawaii in one piece - Baxter too. We're missing a few things, but nothing with sentimental value, so that's a plus. The moms have both asked for pics of the place, so I'll post a few when the house looks decent enough to have pictures taken of it and I think I'll send out an email with our new address and a link to this blog to keep everyone updated while we gear up for the next deployment *sigh*. Maybe this way I'll stick to my resolution of being a more frequent blogger!

Until next time!

_____

Here is why I'm retarded (today's example):
As I was telling Erik about our "spicy" surprise (hah!) I looked at the return label and said "This gift sent to you by: Andrea J********"... and I paused. How did I miss that before? Anyway, thanks Andrea! SUCH a thoughtful gift!

2 comments:

  1. Yep, I KNEW it was Andrea! What a nice sister-in-law! Also, what's up with the fact I am just NOW getting your blog address. You started that a long time ago, and I would have had something to say about each entry....but,now......

    not so much. :> Send it to my email so I can try to keep up with your FREQUENT postings!!! HAHAHAHA (diabolical laughter).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, anonymous. Your wish is my command.

    ReplyDelete