Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A funny thing happened on the way to the commissary

Goodwill called and offered me the job! It's conditional based on passing a drug screen and a background check, but that won't be a problem. I'm SO excited.

To celebrate, Melissa joined us for dinner at Itallian Deliciousness, Ichi did too, but he didn't bring me a congratulatory present like Melissa did so she got mentioned first! ;) Before that though, Erik and I had to go to PearlRidge Mall so he could get measured for a tux for a wedding he's in (we tried doing it ourselves... It was like the blind leading the blind). The she department at the store we were at was RIGHT there, and the sale rack called to me. I found 4 cute pairs of shoes at AAAAAMAZING prices! I can't wait to work, if not just so I can wear my new, cute heels!! I also got some new work clothes, and Erik got a ShopVac (we're all about compromise, you know).

So after I went to GW today to fill out some more paperwork, they told me I had to go get this pee test done. Okay, whatev. I get there, and there were SO many people in the waiting room there wasn't enough seats! I waited for an hour and a half (now, I had needed to go since before I got to GW, but I knew I'd have to take a test so I held it) I asked if there was a bathroom. Nope. No public bathroom. Without thinking I said "But I'm here to take a PEE test!" and she laughed and explained that the bathrooms are "special" and the people in there have to have a monitor watch them come in and out so they didn't leave their pee behind for someone else to use (like I care enough about helping a druggie friend - not that I have any - pass a pee test that I'd hang out in a hot room that smelled of body odor for an hour and a half, but maybe that's just me). So I asked what time they opened. 7AM. So I'm going tomorrow.

And with that I'm off to bed, I'm not feeling too great. My sinuses are still acting funny, and I swear, every bone in my face is throbbing.

Erik is still working on the table, pretty sure I'm getting high from the fumes (will that keep me from passing my blood test? ;) ) and tomorrow he's having his eye procedure done, so keep him in your thoughts (I'm so weird about eyes!).

G'night!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting the job you wanted! :o)

    I miss dinners with Ichi....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the job offer from GW! I'm so glad it's all falling into place!

    ReplyDelete