Saturday, November 1, 2008

Update on Otters

I've been getting some flack about the otter thing - especially from my mother, who I didn't know was such a friend of the otters. I wasn't *saying* otters were jerks, I was asking... I think I heard somewhere they had bad attitudes. How could something that cute be a jerk, you might be asking. Well, from what I understand, penguins (which in my opinion are the cutest of cute) are kind of jerks too. I think I'll watch Happy Feet this weekend. I just love when that little guy dances!

In other news, Baxter is becoming a rude ass. Not a dog whose ass is rude, but a rude, ass of a dog. When it was time to go into his cage this morning he jumped on the couch and I had to bait him off, then tonight he frightened the heck out of some trick or treaters this evening (of which I had many, thank you! I ran out of candy and had to turn my light off at 7:15 - of course that could be because all the ghetto areas on the island export their children to our side, thus making me sit in traffic for a dang hour) and so he had to stay in the bathroom while I was passing out candy - which is really too bad because I got him the cutest Halloweenie shirt. I took picutres before he was banished to the bathroom for barking at a vampire, though. I'm sure he's feeling attention starved, but dang! Erik thinks that he knows that the disciplinarian is gone so he's testing his boundaries. Well, he can test his boundaries while he sleeps on the dang floor tonight. We've spoiled him too darn much. Ugh.

And in not-so-related news, I am mourning the loss of daylight savings. (I am also mourning the loss of my sanity from the baby crying for the last HOUR down the street...) Did you know that Hawaii doesn't observe daylight savings? Well, I didn't. It makes sense, but it still sucks and here's why:

1. Everyone else does. Now I'll be 6 hours ahead of OK and 7 ahead of NH. 7 hours might as well be a whole day.
2. You might not know this about me, but fall back is just about my favorite time of year. I like nothing more than waking up early when I feel like I've gotten an obscene amount of sleep. Yes, I heart fall back. When I'm governor of Hawaii, we will observe daylight savings.

Tomorrow Baxter is going to the groomers and I'm going to putz around in town. Then Melissa and I are heading to see Changling. Sunday is church and then SALTAMBANCO! (A traveling cirque du soleil. Should be loverly.

But for now, I'm going to bed. I feel like I haven't slept in a month of Sundays. G'night!

PS - A year ago today we found out we were moving here. Could someone please tell me where the heck the time is going? Hmm. This time last year I was praying for time to slow down, and now I'm praying for the days to tick by faster... Isn't it funny how we wish time away when it already moves so quickly?

No comments:

Post a Comment