Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Nicholas Sparks Strikes Again

So a few months ago I tried to get Erik to go see Nights in Rodanthe with me. He resisted - rembering the production that was the night we watched The Notebook (as this was written by the same author), but as I recall he ended up agreeing to go. I felt guilty making him see another movie he didn't want to see (although, I sat through Batman, Indiana Jones AND that damn Zohan movie...) so we never did.

Well on Saturday, Nights was playing on post and I decided to test my independence and go alone. I've never been to the movies on post before so I don't know if this is common place but before the movie even gets started you have to stand for a Star Spangled Banner music video. And the video is of Tropic Lightning soldiers in Iraq. Oh that made my dang day. So I started to tear up then and pretty much never stopped.

This is pretty similar to what happened during The Notebook. For those of you who don't know, when I was in college I worked at a video store so I was able to rent movies before they were actually available to the public. Well, one weekend I went to Lawton to see Erik and brought along my early release copy of The Notebook because my DVD player was broken. Erik, still trying to make a good impression because we'd only been dating 3 or 4 months, agreed to watch it with me. Well in true Sheena fashion, I started crying about 20 minutes in and didn't stop until the movie was over. For 2 hours he sat through me sniffling, crying, eating candy hearts and repeating the process. It's a wonder I didn't scare him away. A couple weeks later was Valentines Day - he gave me my own copy of the move, and a DVD player, probably so I never had to put him through that again. Hah! Those days seem like so long ago right now.

In other news, it's been pretty chilly today. If you don't laugh, I'll tell the temprature. About 72 degrees. Seriously, I'm wearing my flannel PJs right now - when did I become so pansy?

I can’t remember all the times I tried to tell myself
To hold on to these moments as they pass
-Counting Crows

2 comments:

  1. OMG Sheena, was the movie as great as the Notebook?
    I totally continued crying as I was leaving the movie theatre on that one....that's embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lucky to have 72 degrees. It is 23 here right now. :o(

    ReplyDelete