Sunday, November 9, 2008

Am I a filthy sinner?

Yesterday my door bell rang and it was two ladies peddaling Jesus. I took their literature and went on about my day.

20 minutes later it rang again. A man offering to clean our carpets. I say "I don't have any carpet" (a lie, guess I should read the literature...) and he said "We can clean your furniture, or even your car upholstery". I said "No thanks" and he kept pushing and finally I was like "Don't waste your time, I said no thanks dude." Then he high fived me. Strange.

Then I went Christmas shopping. In bermuda shorts. Also strange.

Today I have many errands to run as Christmas seems to come faster here than on the mainland (or could it be that I have to ship things weeks in advance?). It's so very strange to feel like it's June and be staning in the Chrimstas section. BTW, the Christmas Section at WalMart is the Garden Spot. BUT the Garden Spot is a year-round thing here too. So think: aisles 1, 2, 3: Christmas, aisles 4-8: Fertilizer.

I sure do love the screaming Children and adults next door... If they didn't scream SO often, I might actually think something was wrong.

Off to get my day started! :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha I just had to laugh at your solication story. Gotta love door to door crazies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already told you how much cleaner your carpets and upholstery would be if you had only read that literature.

    So I had my own Jesus peddler come to the door today and I immediately thought of you.

    ReplyDelete