Monday, December 1, 2008

So one of the biggest pains of having your husband deployed is that he's not around to help you with the things he would ordinarily have helped with. I can make concessions for the yard, and the dishes, and occasionally switching over the laundry - that slack is easily picked up. But when things happen like your car needs to go to the shop, it's a big production.

How do I know? My husband is deployed and my car needs to go to the shop - and it's a big production! Not to mention annoying because the car is brand spanking new. Thankfully I have a friend willing to help me out, and I'd happily do it for her, but it's little things like "Oh my husband can just pick me up" that you take advantage of when it's available. And then you have to worry about "So if I get to the dealership at 7AM, the dog will be in his crate for 10 hours - that won't work" (Better email Melissa again... Hahaha! No pressure Melissa! I owe you Itallian Deliciousness!!)

In other news (because I'm getting on my own nerves) I'm sending Christmas packages on Friday. Well, I'm sending Erik's and Ichi's tomorow (hopefully I'll have a car!) and then I'm sending the mainlanders on Friday. Did you know you can print postage online now and you don't have to wait in line that the post office? It's amazing! And you get a discount!

Thanksgiving in Paradise was lovely. Good friends, good food, new friends, new food. Fun was had. Erik's Thanksgiving was good too, from what I hear. Ham, turkey, lobster, fixins and ice cream for dessert. I'd imagine ice cream is pretty hard to come by in the desert.

Okay, I've done my triple check of all the locks on the door and now I'm going to bed. Baxter and I are getting up early tomorrow to go on a walk. Hopefully.

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! The car is the biggest pain in the butt when the husband is gone!!!

    ReplyDelete