Monday, December 22, 2008

The Promised Blog

I should have posted this when I was thinking about it, because now I don't remember all the things I wanted to cover. I'll just start and see how far I get.

Last week-ish I got care packages from both Pat and my mom. Care packages from them are so much fun because they toss in whatever they saw that made them think of me. For example: Pat included some magazine pages that had different ways to use edymame because she knows I love it. My mom included a box of Christmas cards she saw with penguins on them, even though she knew I had already sent mine out, just because she saw them and knew she had to get them for me. How do I know this? My mom sticky-noted everything.

My care packages also included penguin items from both moms, and fun socks (with penguins on them) from both moms. What can I say? They know me. I'll have to start wearing real shoes that require socks so they can get some wear-time!

I also got a box from Erik the other day. You might know that we agreed on a $25 limit this year since there wasn't much we needed and we wanted to spend extravagantly while he was on R&R. Well, he emailed the other day and said to expect the package from FedEx and that he *might* have gone over the limit. The pacakge arrived, I opened it up - it's from a jewelry store! I haven't opened the gift yet (I promised I wouldn't) but I can imagine he had to spend over $25. Oh, dang....

Earlier this year I decided I was going to get a pink foil tree and pink oranments (or, ordaments, if you're my sister) and I would call it my "Geographically Single Girls' Christmas Tree" but when I got to WalMart all the little trees were gone and the big ones were like $35, plus I'd then have to buy ornaments, so I decided on a small tree that would sit on my bar. I am very happy with my decision. You can't see that it's lit up because it's fibre-optic and so the light doesn't show up on the camera (at least, that's my theory) but I assure you, it's colorful and bright!

Here is a picture of my Christmas area. I have a few decorations spread around, but this is definitely the most festive area.


Oh, and here are my Christmas flowers that Erik sent me!! They smell SO good with the pine in them. Thanks again honey! You rock!

Also, 3 years ago today Erik and I got engaged. *dreamy sigh* Seriously though, where has the time gone?!

1 comment: