Sunday, December 28, 2008

Powerless

So you may or may not know that the entire island was without power for several hours last night. Well, if you're a news watcher you probably do know, but only because Obama is here and the fact that he and his family were "without power" for 12 hours has been a big deal. I won't bother to tell you that they had 4 generators on the premises. Oh, guess I just did.

I'm going to have to buy some unscented candles. Turns out all we have are super smelly Yankee Candles and when you have about 7 of those in your room (of all different flavors, I might add) you could get a headache. I would know.

And apparently we're supposed to be conserving water now since the pumps were down for so long. Well.... Since I didn't have cable for 6 hours today and didn't get the memo I chose to do the laundry, bathe the dog and do the dishes. Sorry for not doing my part, Hawaii.

But can we talk about how isolated it could make a person feel to look out over the island (we're high up enough to do that) and not see ANYTHING? I looked out last night and all I could see were about 10 houses (out of hundreds of thousands) with lights on. Talk about eerie. Good thing it wasn't a super foggy night -that would have just been too much. But then, I probably wouldn't have been able to tell...

Ahh, but there were jerks with firecrackers that insisted upon lighting up the night. All night.

So maybe I'm a little cranky.

1 comment:

  1. So unless you were eating them..wouldn't your candles have been different scents, not flavors? ;-)

    ReplyDelete