Thursday, January 1, 2009

Today I HATE Hawaii

I left work at 4PM today and as I was walking out I noticed 2 kids setting off fireworks in the ball field across the way. It's 10:33PM and the fireworks have not stopped.. And we're not talking an every once in awhile crackle, I am refering to near constant booms and bangs. Some of the "shows" these people are putting on are better than the ones my hometown city goverment would do for 4th of July! And the best part is that they set them off RIGHT next to their cars... Way to go, Einstein. I get that its a new year and all, but oh my Lord, enough! My house is filled with smoke (we leave the windows open), my dog is about to have a panic attack, car alarms are going off all over the place and I feel like I'm living in the middle of an airstrike. People here take it SO FAR that the health officials warned Obama that it was "potentially hazardous" to be here during the holiday - what abou the rest of us?! Over 100 people were treated for burns in Honolulu alone on New Years eve last year. 153,000 citizens with lung problems are at risk.

It's starting to rain, so maybe that will keep my house from catching fire. Oh, brilliant. I just looked out side and the ass hat next door is setting his fireworks off under the canopy he erected over his driveway. Earlier I saw more than one person setting off fireworks in the street - no more than a foot in front of their cars. I figured out later they were using the cars as windbreaks.

I'm going double check that our renters insurance is paid up, then I'm going to bed. Hopefully I'll be less scrooge-y in 2009. In the mean time, start thinking of places that we can spend New Years Eve next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment