Thursday, January 29, 2009

Untitled.

I don't have any subject matter planned out so this post isn't looking so promising right now. It's been one of those days though, so I'd imagine that this is going to be the high point of the post.

Erik has made the switch to his new base and pretty much LOVES it there. He has a bed, with sheets AND a pillow (along with various other things). For this, I am grateful.

My mom is moving out of the house I grew up in (well, lived in since 9th grade) to move to Oklahoma City. I understand her rationale, and I support it, but I'm still a little homesick for that house and it's hard to know I'll never go back. So I guess *this* is home now but it doesn't feel like it. We've lived here for almost a year, but it just doesn't feel like we're any more than tourists. Enid is home, but I don't have a "home" to go to there anymore. I'll get over it, I just don't deviate so well.

So anyway, I'm a downer tonight because I watched a sappy love story on my Netflix and now I'm weepy. So instead of rubbing my poor mood off on you, I'll leave you with a quote from my sappy movie:

"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are.
Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches
we found that we were one tree and not two."
-Captain Corelli's Mandolin

No comments:

Post a Comment