Sunday, January 11, 2009

Still Alive

Well I know I haven't been blogging as much as I should lately but the truth is - I'm rather boring lately! I go to work, I go to the gym, I come home and I go to bed.

Also, I have a very VERY favorite author, Wally Lamb, and he put a new book out in November. I got my hands on it about a week and a half ago and I've been spending most of my spare time reading it (luckily it's almost 1,000 pages, so I have lots to look forward to) and watching West Wing reruns.

Anyway, Baxter and I are doing okay here, and Erik is too. We plan to start planning our R&R trip(s) in a few days (5, actually) - how exciting! We're going to go island hopping, and we can't wait! Hey, when in Rome, right? Now maybe you're laughing at the countdown to just starting to plan our extravaganza, but we are both people who like to work against deadlines, so setting a specific date to start planning gives us something to look forward to. We might be weird, but but we're weird together.

I have an entire list of things to count down to before he gets home, that way I don't get bogged down thinking I still have x months until I get to see him again. I've already finished a quarter of my list - because almost a quarter of the deployment is over! Next on the list is to start planning for R&R, then Scott and Andrea come, then Valentines day, the 10k (you read that right, I've lost my mind and signed up for a 10k), my birthday and before I know it we're halfway there! Meanwhile, I'm kind of dreading the month of March (the 10k and my birthday). I fear both of which are going to remind me how old I'm getting. Yeah, yeah, 25 might not be old to *some* of you, but good Lord I remember turning 10! Fifteen freakin' years ago!! Where the heck has the time gone? I need a drink...

1 comment:

  1. You're not weird. Jim and I are planners too. Do you have a 5 year plan excel spreadsheet? We do! haha

    I always knew you were a reader - I mean reading is even involved with how you met your husband. But, it takes me so long to read a short book let along a 1,ooo page one. How do you work, take care of Bax, read books, and read all those blogs on your stocker list? I'm impressed!

    Any good books to suggest for me? I'm just reading Chicken soup for the mom's soul when I put Maddie to bed. I could use a good novel.

    ReplyDelete