Wednesday, March 6, 2013

That's What She Said

Someone (that I'm not related to!) asked me why my blog is called what it's called. So... hold your breath, people!
Thee blog used to be entitled Don't Hog Your Journey (thus the web address), a line I heard from Hoda Kotb (of The Today Show). She was telling the story of how she met and was chatting with a man on a plane and somehow it came up that she had cancer, and then she said "But please, when you think of me, don't let cancer be what you think of," and he turned to her and said "Don't hog your journey, it's not just for you." And while my journey is no where near what hers has been, it's still mine, and maybe it's not just for me.

I changed the title to Just Another Day in Paradise when we lived tin Hawaii and the Phil Vassar song by the same name kept sticking in my head. The lyrics are about life being hectic and it's still paradise for him. I don't know, it just sort of stuck, even though we are most decidedly in a different kind of paradise now.


I'm pretty sure we're close enough to Buffalo for this to be applicable.


I like them both, they both stick with me, but honestly, I felt a little poser-ish using the "don't hog your journey" line when it wasn't meant to be about every day life, and has since become such a battle cry for Hoda Kotb and other breast cancer survivors. So, paradise it is!

1 comment:

  1. Hi - I stumbled on your blog )while updating the art blog) and had to smile at this picture. I am from Buffalo and well, that picture brings back many memories of the snow there. Also, enjoyed your post.... Thanks,

    ReplyDelete