Thursday, May 30, 2013

"Shwim Clash!"

Several weeks ago, G started attending some "Mommy and Me" swim classes at the Y (the Mommy and Me part is in quotations because, adorably, it's usually the dads who take the kids to class). The instructor sings songs and the kids bob in the water and learn to kick their legs and "scoop" their arms. G wasn't sure about it at first but has really grown to love it! He can even jump off the wall like a pro, now!

It was my original intention, since the classes were Erik's idea, that he be the parent that took G for the class on Saturdays, but given his hectic spring schedule we've ended up basically switching off  each week. On Erik's weeks to swim though, I can't help but take my big camera in and clicking away. (Did I tell you my father-in-law upgraded his DSLR and gave me his old one? I could have cried!) Anyway, I sometimes wonder if other parents mind that I'm photographing their kid, but I guess it's no different than taking pictures at a school program. I 'spose I'll just keep shutterbugin' it until someone tells me I shouldn't.

So, without further ado - pictures from swim class! Or "shwim clash!" as G calls it!


This is my favorite one - they have so much fun together!!
(Notice the red marks around Erik's neck and back from where G hadn't been so sure about things earlier on in the class period.)

They have the funniest facial expressions!

If you tell G to close his mouth, he opens it as wide as he can. This is about as close-mouthed as he gets during class time.

We parent by demonstration around here. :)

I love this one too! Look how proud Erik looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment