Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Book Reviews

So I was pretty excited to finish a book worth reviewing to review on here.

But it hasn't happened yet.

I finished The Sisterhood by Helen Bryan a few weeks ago and though it was good (despite the fact I never was able to keep the 657 characters straight), it wasn't sing-it-from-the-rooftops, or even recommend to a friend good. But seriously - what is, anymore? I feel like there are thousands of books out there with the very same story lines. Same as with movies now days - it's like people are just out of things to write about. And yes, I know, I sound like I'm 100.

I'm in a book drought. And I'd better snap back in soon, because I'm going to have a lot of time spent under a sleeping/nursing baby, and I'm wayyy too overstimulated by technology to be able to just sit and enjoy the moment. Must.Have.Something.To.Do.

So now I have 3 books on my nightstand. One on parenting (Scream Free Parenting - though I can't seem to get more than 3 pages in before falling asleep), one on marriage (The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work - came SUPER highly recommended by a friend as something ALL married folks should read -- I'll let you know) and one novel (Wicked. Yes, I know, I'm late to the party). I like to have fluffy and serious reading at once - depending on my mood. But I'm totally in a slump because none of them are singing to me.

Hopefully soon I'll have an enthusiastic post about a great book. Sadly, that day is not today.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sheena I've been feeling the same way myself lately...originality is down the toilet. I find most tv shows boring now, and music not as good as it used to be. I don't think it's because we're older either. It's this generation :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it's not just me! I feel like everything is just a take-off on something else, or so painfully predictable I find myself skipping to the last page.

    If you find something great, please come back and tell me about it!

    ReplyDelete