Tuesday, October 15, 2013

No Expectations

I have found the key for me to have what I feel to be a successful day with the kids:

No expectations.

I can't want to do the dishes, or vacuum. I can't want to read a book or watch a show or even take a shower and get my make-up on. All these lead to frustration and frustration is harder and harder for me to move past these days. It ends up crapping all over an entire half-day.

End semi-interesting portion of blog post.

The kids are ready to party about 8AM. I get up at 7 (which seems so early - isn't that what time normal people arise?), shower, make Erik's lunch and prep dinner as much as possible. Lately I've started making G's lunch when I make Erik's, which makes life even easier. I unload the dishes if I can, but usually the kids are already up.

And then the rest of the day is on auto-pilot. Coffee, books, trucks, breast-feeding sessions, more coffee (half caff or decaf this time), a couple more books and it's time for lunch, the nap (luckily the kids tend to nap at the same time - unless I have something I need to get done. Again, drop the expectations!) and after nap I usually give in and allow G some media time because during nap I try to get housework done and I just want to sit back and enjoy a little Daniel Tiger or Magic School Bus.

I read the news and do all my online "errands" while I nurse P at night - it's the only way to keep my eyes open and from falling over and suffocating her. But I totally get the scoop on the next days news. Makes me feel very in the know. ;)

Yes, I know, this is the most boring blog post on the planet. But as discussed, I'm wayyyyyyy too lazy to keep a written journal, so this is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment