Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Yesterday

We have had the plague in our home since MLK Day. Until today, the kids literally hadn't left the house since the prior Sunday.

Erik got hit first, the hardest, then Grant, then me (thanks to Zicam, I was only sick for a few days). Yesterday was the first day I felt human enough to get up and get around - seriously, this was a BAD strain of cold. So I get up, get in the shower, start shampooing and bam. Baby screams BLOODY MURDER. Then G starts beating on my shower door because the batteries in his Record-A-Story book are out and he really needs them replaced.

Baby screams again.

G comes in and tells me he told her to shut up.

WHAT?!
Baby screaming further.

I give up and get out.

G, with genuine interest: How was your shower, mommy?

WHAT?!???????

No comments:

Post a Comment