Tuesday, March 11, 2014

When Did My Child Start to Pee Standing Up?

Every year around my birthday I wonder how in the world I'm already 28 or 29 or however old I'm turning that year. Some Most days I still feel like I'm about 17 years old. A wiser, more worldly 17 than I actually was, but definitely not my actual age which I can only quantify as "pushing" 30. Except for if I've had too much to drink the night before. On those mornings, I definitely feel my age.

I remember when I was a kid, the years used to draaaaaaaaaag along. I remember specifically how the year I was in second grade seemed to last an excruciatingly long time. (Of course, I hated my teacher and she hated me, which definitely didn't help matters. Believe it or not, I was the naughty kid in class.) One time, I mentioned to my father-in-law how the years used to seem to last a long longer than they do now and he told me that's because every year is a lesser part of the greater whole of your life.

Does that make anyone else want to jump off a cliff?

Kinda seems unfair that we get those extra long years at the beginning instead of the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment