Saturday, June 28, 2014

Breaking Up Isn't Always That Hard to Do


So for any inquiring minds that wanted to know, the list that I mentioned in a previous post turned out not to be for us. Even though Erik met criteria for the list his report date would be so late that none of the jobs would still be available, so we’re waiting until the next list comes out to make our choices on where we should go. Unfortunately, that list doesn’t come out until January.
Also, in case you didn’t know, Erik’s Major’s course is an unaccompanied tour to GA, which means the kids and I can’t go. Though I have made some good friends here in Bradford, there just isn’t enough reason for me to stay here without Erik and my mom needs to have some surgery, so I’m going to take the kids and move home at the end of the year when Erik goes to Georgia. I’ve never really been the type to run home to mommy when Erik was deployed or whatever, but she could use the help and I could use the help, and it will be nice to be near family for awhile.
That means, it’s finally time to sell our house! (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I am NOT in love with home ownership and do not glean a sense of security from it. More like I glean a sense of must-save-every-cent-for-when-other-shoe-drops. I’m sad to see our beautiful house with all it’s incredibly storage go, but… I’m also not.
So Erik will be back from Thailand early next month, then we are taking a week-long trip to the Finger Lakes with his parents and sister and her husband. When we come back, I’m going away on a long weekend with some girlfriends, then Erik is going away on a long weekend, and then it’s time to start all the honey-do’s to get this house in ship shape for selling! We hope to have it on the market by mid-August and ideally, sold before we leave here in October. We’re trying hard not to hold our breath, but the larger houses in our neighborhood have sold really quickly lately, so hopefully we can jump in on that boom. It’s a great house that will make someone really happy and comfortable. Man, it sounds like a breakup.

It’s not you, house, it’s me.

No comments:

Post a Comment