Monday, June 30, 2014

Roadtrip Observations

For the last 10ish days, the babies and I have been in New Hampshire with Erik’s parents. They wanted to see the kids and I knew the kids (especially Grant) could use some time with them, so on Friday the 13th I packed up what seems like everything we own and we (dogs included) set out on the 7.5 hour, but really 9.5 hour trek up through NY, across Vermont and into New Hampshire. The kids did really well considering. I’d say the largest obstacle was the fact that NO WHERE has any changing tables! WHAT is up with that?! In order for me to get to go to the bathroom, I’d unload the kids, change P’s diaper and G’s pull-up (he’s potty trained, but they just make road trips easier), strap P into the Ergo and then I’d get to go in and use the facilities. The one changing table I did find was so gross and rickety I wouldn’t have even let my dog sit on there. So seriously, New York State, let’s get on the changing table situation  please. This is ridiculous. I'm considering a letter writing campaign.

I do have a road trip tip: Break out your old CD’s. Jamming out to the Backstreet Boys never hurt anyone, and all my Now That’s What I Call Music CD’s were a seriously hilarious trip down memory lane. I still don’t know what the hell an Mmmmbop is, and I should have studied up because G asked me about ten times. Additionally, if you haven’t already tossed them, your old school edited version CDs are AWESOME again. I didn’t even realize I had mine, but the second I saw that Nellyville CD without the EXPLICIT box on it, I was thrilled. Did you know I love Nelly? And apparently I’ve loved him since I was about 16 and unable to buy the “real” stuff. Also, all those unlabeled CDRW’s that have been rattling around your house are tiny little discs of gold.

Sidenote: I did NOT realize how dirty Ride My Pony was until the other day. Geeeezus. I can't believe that crap was on the radio! (Although, in retrospect, what DID I think it was about?!)

More on the trip when I get off my butt and find my camera cord. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment