Thursday, July 3, 2014

Every Day is Independence Day

I always cry on the 4th of July.

I truly can't think of another day I'm so filled with gratitude. I know there are probably other days that I should be as emotional, but nothing seems to compare to that feeling I get on the 4th of July. I think about everything that could be different and everyone who died to make things the way they are. I think about their families. I think about our ancestors who came over here without anything, chasing a dream. And man alive, I am SO grateful they did.

This 4th, my little family will be staying in. Erik won't be home yet and I'm hesitant to take Piper to fireworks since I know she won't leave ear pro on, so we'll stay home. But we'll wake up and talk (again) about how grateful we are to be Americans, and how lucky we are to have so many heroes in our lives that help keep us safe. And don't worry, thanks to Pinterest we'll have plenty to keep us busy. ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment