Thursday, October 16, 2008

He's gone.

And now it's back to carrying my cell phone with me, even to the shower. And it's back to counting the days until we're together again.

I took lots of pictures of our last day together for awhile (just for you, Lyle and Lorene! Well maybe for my scrapbook too...), but I'm going to have to post them later. I'm just too wiped out - I'm taking my glass of wine, my half eaten bag of Milano cookies, my dog, and going to bed. It's time to learn to sleep alone.

I promise not to be Debbie Downer for the whole deployment, but give me today (or maybe the rest of the week). I just... this seemed a lot easier last time.


Tears are forming in your eyes
A storm is warning in the skies
The end of the world it seems
You bend down and fall on your knees
Well get back on your feet
Don't look away
Don't run away
Baby it's only life
Don't lose your faith
Don't run away
It's only life
-KV

2 comments:

  1. I hope that the time flies and is filled with lots of phone calls and emails to help it alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be keeping you guys in my prayers, Ichi too of course! If you ever need to vent to someone (although, I know you have many people you can turn too) know that I am always here for you!

    ReplyDelete