Sunday, October 26, 2008

Still Kickin'

I guess I haven't updated in awhile. I have gotten several emails/messages from folks just checking in on me, so I figured I should check in with those of you in cyber-land also. And thanks to those who did/have/will check in on me, I'm lucky to have you in my life!

So today I went to the dentist. It was SUUUPER rainy out, and I wore long sleeves (well, 3/4 sleeves - I don't think I own actual long sleeves anymore!) and jeans, AND I had to turn on the heater in the car. Not full blast of course, but it was something! I love the smell of the heater. Yes, I know how weird that is.

Things are going good here. I'm keeping VERY busy. Katie was here last week so that occoupied a lot of my time and got me over the hump. This weekend has been low key (barring the hour and a half I spent getting my tooth drilled at the dentist), which is what I was looking for. Its been raining all day so Baxter and I napped on the couch with the windows open so we could listen to it while we slept. We even got to get out a blanket! I miss seasons...

In Erik's email today he said they lost power in their building last night so the A/C was off. Lets dissect that sentence, shall we? Keywords here are: building and air conditioning. My heart leapt for joy when I read that. I'm sorry the power went out, but he lives in a building with air conditioning! How exciting!!

After the dentist but before the napping I went to Safeway because Erik wanted me to put some "good" coffee in his care package and I decided I would bang out my shopping for the next few weeks/month while I was there. I had several items when I got to the coffee aisle and realized it was about $6 more than on post. I put my items back and drove to Schofield. A few cents or a buck here and there for convenience sake is fine, but couple that with an extra $6 for coffee plus having to pay tax and I'm out. I can make the 15 minute drive. So I did. And I told you all that to tell you this: When Erik was home and I'd go to the store, I could tell the wives whose husbands were gone. They had salad, a small jug of milk, the half carton of eggs, frozen meals and random odds and ends like cereal and Special K bars. It made me sad when I realized in line today that you could tell Erik was gone by the contents of my basket. Veggies, enough Healthy Choice meals to last until Jesus comes, cups of soup, salad dressing, a small jug of milk and 3 types of cereal bar/breakfast bar.

Alright well I'm heading to bed. Melissa and I are going to church on post tomorrow. I hope I like it!!

G'night all!





And all I have now is the truth that I've found, life has a way of just spinning around and around and around...

No comments:

Post a Comment