Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful

I'd like to be organized enough to post something I'm thankful for each day, but unfortunately, I don't have those kind of organizational skills to be thankful for. Haha! So, here are just a few of the things I'm thankful for today.

1. My sweet little G. What a remakable light in my life. He's such an example of anger one minute and love the next, without the need to hold a grudge. I try desperately, every single day, to be a better mom than the day before. Most days I fail, but he doesn't hold it against me.
2. My husband. He works all day to support us then comes home and immediately engages with us, without missing a beat. I've said a hundred times before that he's a much better husband than I am a wife and I'm grateful for his patience, willingness to apologize and overall understanding.
3. That even though our families don't live super close, we see at least one grandparent nearly every month - this was the case even when we lived in Hawaii. They are such huge helpers, they're always engaged with G and it's obvious he really loves them.
4. I'm grateful for the Army and all the friends it has provided me with - near and far.
5. I'm grateful I get to stay home with Little G. It's not really what I inteded to do with my life, but I can't imagine it any other way (as he literally screams in my ear because I won't let him type.)
6. I'm incredibly grateful that we are able to provide G with everything he needs. I can't imagine what it must be like for parents who don't have that security.
7. On a lighter note, I'm grateful that I didn't hurt myself when I fell down the stairs this morning. I missed a stair, hurt my hand trying to grab (and missing) the handrail, sliding down another stair and then falling foward on my face. I'm sure it was quite the sight. Both dogs ran over to me and G screamed "Uh OH!" which I guess is his method of showing sympathy. Graceful, I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment