Wednesday, November 14, 2012

"Lost Time is Never Found Again" - B. Franklin

The other day I was working on G's baby book (because I'm that delinquent), transcribing little notes I'd plugged into my phone for writing in said baby book when life slowed down just a tad, and I realized that I was sorry I hadn't noted more about the dates and events I had hurriedly punched in for a less chaotic day. I'm sorry that I only remember the reactions to food that I photographed (ie: the bad ones), I'm sorry that I can't remember his favorite toys from 6 months ago, or when he stopped running around like a mad man all the time and started liking to be held again. I'm sorry I didn't take his picture every.single.day in every.single. ridculously adorable outfit he had. Admittedly, part of it was because I was in survival mode for the first year of his life, but now that Erik's home and life has slowed down, I realize how much I allowed myself to gloss over. Well, not any more! Milestones must be celebrated, traditions must be created and little memories must be preserved. I'm already forgetting so much and it breaks my heart, especially because I'm the only real "remember-er" of Grant's first year.

I think I stopped blogging because I ran out of (what I deemed) entertaining things to write about. And I also kind of think blogging is the ultimate manifestation of self-importance (at least as it relates to some people). But I'm going to start again, because I need to be better at record keeping and I think this will be the quickest way to accomplish my goal. Also, my facebook updates were getting a little too long and I can't stand people who blog on their status, but mostly the record keeping. I'm too OCD to sit down and write, too busy to scrapbook (much the chagrin of all the supplies I have moved to 3 different states and shoved in cabinets each time), so this plan makes the most sense.

Anyway, here goes nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment