Thursday, August 26, 2010

So Maybe I'm Insane

I saw my neighbor with his cooler tonight and it reminded me of this story I concocted in my head about him last summer.

Every night I'd take Baxter on a walk and we'd see my across the street neighbor coming home, getting a cooler out of the back end of the truck and wheeling it around to the back yard of his house. At first I thought, "Oh, he must have been to Costco and wanted to keep his goods cold", then I started to think "No one goes to Costco EVERY.SINGLE.DAY" . Then I decided "Clearly he's killed someone and is bringing them home bit by bit in his cooler and buring them in his backyard". This went on for several days, one day I'd see him and think "probably an arm", the next I'd see him, and think "A leg. No, wait a leg is too big for that cooler, it's probably just a foot or two" (you see where your mind can wander too without enough human interraction). So one day my landlord came over and we saw him outside and she said "Hey Jim!" and I said "You know him? Whats up with the cooler? Sometimes I wonder if he's got body parts in here" and laughed at me and said "He's a sushi maker/deliverman". THEN she went on to tell me that Schofield Commissary is one of his stops. All this damn time I've been going out there for sushi when I could just walk across the street!

Anyway, I saw him unloading his cooler today and got a chuckle. But you probably had to be there.

6 comments:

  1. i am glad you are back to blogging! you are wildly entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so cute haha and i must say i always come up with crazy stories about my neighbours too hehe xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny I'm glad that you're back. I have since started my own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your writing is very funny. When I walk my dog, I have the same suspicions about my neighbors.

    Anyway, I think I'll be following your blog. Check mine out if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually found your 'insanity' to be something similar to my logic hahaha

    ReplyDelete