Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I Really Thought I Could Do Better

At blogging that is, but it's proving more difficult than expected. Perhaps that's because when I do have precious slice of spare time (during nap, mostly), I find it difficult to do much more than zone out by playing solitaire on my Kindle or watching West Wing. And by the way, I refuse to feel guilty about my nap time zone out. Most people get to eat lunch in relative peace, pee by themselves and have the ride home to decompress. I live where I work, and pee with an audience. Better moms might pick up the playroom but not this one, I need some me time.

But seriously, whoever said it's easy to be a stay at home mom and wife was obviously not one - or not giving it her damnedest. I'm not saying it's easy to be a working mom, I feel certain it isn't. I'm just saying I don't sit around eatin' bonbons all day. Does my husbands boss throw chairs at him when he's mad? Is he expected to wipe up his bosses bottom when he goes to the bathroom? No. I'm not comparing, I DO know I have a great deal going on here, but man alive, I never knew it would be this much work to stay home with a little person! I figured I'd at least have the energy to type a few paragraphs and pepper in some clever remarks. Wrong! I should have gotten into the habit when G was a baby, life seemed so much easier then (in retrospect, anyway...) But I desperately want to get to the point of regular entries. If not just for posterity's sake. It was one of my New Years resolutions (to blog at least 3x a week), but as you've noticed, I've clearly already failed. I failed at my other resolution - a picture a day for the month of January. And I'm not ashamed to admit that I dropped the ball on that one on January 1.

So here I am, publicly proclaiming my intention to start blogging a few times a week. And maybe it'll include photographs that I'll maybe start taking! We'll call this my mid-Jan resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment