Monday, February 25, 2013

Hawaii Reunion : Maryland Style!

A couple of weekends ago I had the absolute pleasure of co-hosting a baby shower for my amazing friend Mandy. Erik and G tagged along for the journey to Maryland - and even though a weekend away, in a hotel room, by myself didn't sound too unappealing, I was glad they came.

We had a great time and were able to catch up with another friend from Hawaii who drove in from New Jersey with her husband and daughter (who was G's first "friend"). It was the first time we've all 3 been together since our family left the island in June, and I have to say it was like time had stopped when we parted and started back up as soon as we were in the same room again! Friends like that are definitely hard to come by.


So we showered Mandy and Baby William, and then we all met for Hibachi that night. I'll tell you, that might have been the absolute best day of G's life! He clapped his heart out when the Hibachi chef set the onions on fire (in fact, I think the chef gave us a few extra fires for G's benefit) and when he (the chef) started flicking food into people's mouths G laughed so hard his face got red. I wish I'd had the foresight to take a video (of course, I was busy getting food flung at my face...). I did get a pic of G mastering chop-sticks, but because he moves at the speed of light, it's all grainy, and I'm too lazy to go upstairs and get my phone and try to fix it up, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Anyway, a good weekend was had. Pinterest makes baby shower planning a cinch. And if you're looking for a great place to take your kid for supper, and you happen to be in Baltimore, I suggest Sakura. And a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment