Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Closing Thoughts

Well... That was unexpected.

1. The world isn't on fire. So that's good.
2. I guess I didn't really have a dog in the fight and that made things a little less exciting. But only a leeetle.
2.5. I really, REALLY miss working on campaigns. The feeling that fills the air at a watch party can't be beat. It's seriously like when I know a baby is about to come in to the world. Not mine, because that's NOT the same feeling. ;)
3. I still don't think I wasted my vote.
4. I still love America.
5.The end of DST is still KILLING ME!
5.5. My eyes are blurry. I feel hung over.
6. I'm going to have to think of actual things to blog about now besides fleeing political thoughts. Not sure if this will garner me more or fewer readers.
7. Lastly, I think we all know that I wouldn't vote for Hillary if I had some else's vote with which to do it. But I wept for her during her speech today. I wept for women. I wept for my daughter. I wept for your daughter. And their daughters. But we'll get there. In the meantime, ain't no one gonna grab my daughter by her p*ssy at any point in her life - homegirl is going to learn that she must never extinguish her power. Mothers, join me in teaching our girls that they breathe fire. We start TODAY.

"Swallow it down, like a jagged little pill..."
I heard a news anchor say something about how Trump might be the experimental drug for what is ailing America. You're sick and you're tired and you're willing to take anything that might help. It might kill you, but it might cure you. It's probably worth a try.
So here's what we're going to do.
We're going to stop joking about moving to Canada. That is ugly and un-American.
We're going to tell our kids that that's how these things go. And maybe we'll tell our daughters that this only means one of THEM will get to shatter that damn glass ceiling that Hillary bumped her head on yesterday.
We're going to tell our black friends, and our brown friends and our red friends and our yellow friends that THEIR LIVES MATTER TO US.
We're going to tell our immigrant friends that we're glad they're here and that we want them to stay with us and help us achieve all of our American dreams.
We're going to pick up and keep walking. This is AMERICA. PEOPLE DIE TO LIVE HERE. This is the process and it's the best process and thank God for it.
We're going to STOP TELLING PEOPLE THAT THIRD PARTY VOTES ARE WASTED OR DETREMENTAL TO SOMEONE ELSE'S PREFERRED CANDIDATE OR THAT THEY'LL WRECK THE SUPREME COURT, OR THE EC, OR WHATEVER THE CRAP PEOPLE WERE LAYING ALL OVER MY FEED YESTERDAY. It's MY VOTE DAMNIT AND I'LL SPEND IT HOW I WANT. I mean, does not every person who votes for the candidate who ultimately loses "waste" their vote? STOP THAT SHIT. Kthanks.
And we're going to unhide Sheena from our newsfeeds now because I think I've said all I have to say.
For today. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment