Tuesday, November 8, 2016

I'm Thankful for Her

Alright, before all this kicks off (and by "all this" I mean wine in my jammies all by my lonesome because my husband is gone and my excessively nerdy college roommate lives 10 states away), I want to say something:
 
I wasn't anywhere close to voting for Hillary Clinton. I wouldn't go near her with someone else's ten foot pole. We don't have a single thing in common (lady bits aside, because unlike some might believe, that is NOT good enough reason to vote for someone!). As a Conservative. As a Christian. As a gun owner. As a military spouse. Our ideals just don't mesh well. Or, you know, at all...

 
But as a woman. As a woman who has been overlooked for simply committing the sin of BEING A WOMAN. As a mother. As the mother of a GIRL. I'm teary-eyed just thinking about what could happen tonight.
 
 
You know, kids aren't inherently racist or sexist or any other -ist. They see it. It's a learned behavior. Starting tomorrow, kids may never know a time that women weren't considered JUST AS GOOD AS MEN. SO SAYETH THE NATION.
 
And if that doesn't move you, I don't know what does.
 
Just as with Barack Obama (who you can also imagine I didn't vote for) before her, she's changing peoples hearts. Maybe not yours, and maybe not your own children's. But soon. And forevermore.
 
Politics completely aside, it's a good day for America.
 
Now please excuse me while I geek out over election returns.
 
I told you it's like Christmas, right? It is.
 
I even wore jeans instead of leggings and curled my hair today.

God bless, I love Election Day!
 
That Sticker Though...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment