Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Fun Old Fashioned Family Christmas.

So my dad was here for Thanksgiving, which I love. I always feel silly putting out a huge spread when it's just our nuclear family. I like a reason to pull out all the stops. Which I shouldn't need, but I'm too pragmatic. Also, since my dad is single, I like the opportunity to make him decent food because I'm pretty sure he just eats hot dogs and take out for dinner. I do admit that I think being with us makes him feel like he misses the Family Years but I think that's actually good for me. Anyway, he just left this morning and now I'm switching gears for Christmas.

Because a crowd is descending.

My mom had planned to come for awhile, since we were with Erik's family for Christmas last year.  But then my in-laws decided they were ready to try flying again after my mother-in-law's stroke, and they're coming too! So now, we're going to have a bustling house full for Christmas and a few days after!

I have to admit, at first I was kind of worried, but now I am STUPID excited to have everyone. I LOVE a house full of people for the holidays and I'm so glad my kids are going to have THREE grandparents to watch their eyes light up on Christmas morning.

I am totally planning to be obnoxious about activities and games and recipes and just general Pinterest Mom junk. I am almost certainly going to blow 6-months worth of grocery budget, but I don't care. I can't think of a single holiday in which nearly all my grandparents were in one place. In fact, I know for certain it NEVER happened.

Reason number 25 (get it?) that my kids are so ridiculously lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment