Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Gilmore Girls

Okay, I finished the Netflix revival of Gilmore Girls.

I have lots of feelings about it. I was happy, I was sad. I was irritated. I was "WTFing" at my TV with all those musical numbers and the whole Wild thing. But by and large, I was pleased with the peek into their lives after 10 years (although, what exacty has happened over those 10 years none of us will EVER know because it seems like exactly ZERO living actually went on.) Was that a spoiler? Nah, I don't really think so. But if someone wants to discuss this with me, I'm happy to partake. I have feelings about it.

ANYWAY

When the original series started, I was Rory's age. Exactly her age and grade in school. As she progressed, I progressed. When she went to college, it got a little boring because... well... I was in college. And after awhile, the show fell off my radar. So after I finished the revival series last night I decided to start over from the beginning.

Holy crap, you guys. The year 2000 was SO NINETIES!! The hair, the clothes, the television resolution. I thought we were so progressive back then. 2000 brought us American Pie after all, right? PROGRESS. BUT seriously, watching that pilot episode last night, I thought to myself  "I might as well be watching this in black and white."

And then the Earth crumbled.

I was looking at Lorelai.

And it hit me.

I'm HER age now.

THE MOMS AGE.

NOT THE KIDS AGE.

And then I died.

1 comment: