Monday, February 5, 2018

Jaunarys

Judging from my blog entry history, it seems I try to get my life together every January. For the last ten or so years. My gosh that's hard to believe. I remember a few years ago - maybe it was 2014 - that I told myself I'd blog 3x a week and then have it professionally printed at the end of the year. I think I did okay for awhile.

But alas here I am again, thinking about how I have got to preserve these days that are passing at both a snails pace and faster than I can comprehend. That's probably why they say "The days are long, but the years are short." It's kind of mind-blowing how true that is. Because these days are painfully long sometimes, but the years seem to fly by before we know it.

My father-in-law told me once that the reason time goes faster when you're an adult vice when you're a child is that for an adult, ever year is a lesser part of the greater whole. Basically, years aren't worth as much to adults as they are to kids. Kinda like the pay differential between men and women. We're all doing the same thing, but somehow it's considered different. Okay, or not. Don't send me letters.

Anyway. These kids lives are passing quickly. My life is FLYING. I need to hold on. I need to remember. 

I need to blog more.

(((Also, don't think I didn't notice that it took until February this year to decide I'm going to get my blogging life back together. Hahaha! I'm already dropping the ball!!!)))

No comments:

Post a Comment