Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Georgia On My Mind

We moved here in March of 2015 and expected to maybe be here for 3 years if we were lucky. We expected to be moving this past summer, but we are still here, for at least/hopefully another year. By Army standards, we are all but permanent residents by this point. In this season, at this point in Erik's career, this is almost completely unheard of.

Allow me put this in perspective - I have had 2 sets of neighbors to the right and 3 to the left and 3 across. My sweet friend Chelsea and her family have lived in THREE states in the time we've lived in just this one. We are so, so lucky.

G started his educational career here with Pre-K, and will at least get to round out the 2nd grade here. ((For an Army kid - this is FANTASTIC.)) Again, we know how lucky we've been.

I told you all of that, to tell you this:

I ran out of checks the other day. RAN OUT. I haven't RUN OUT of checks since I was in college and no one took debit cards. We move so often, we have never, ever run out before.

I kind of couldn't believe it.

Gosh, we live a weird life.




No comments:

Post a Comment