Monday, April 1, 2013

April 1

I wasn't sure whether to entitle this post Genitalia Day, Mother Nature's Cruel Joke or My Husband Has Lost His Mind.

Here's why:

It hasn't snowed in a week. After 7 months of snow, it didn't snow for a week. I thought maybe Mother Nature gave me Spring for my birthday last week. Then this morning I woke up and Erik (who had just come in from working out) said "It's snowing." I could have started crying. I thought it was over! Turns out it was all an elaborate scheme on Mother Nature's part to play the worlds most cruel April Fools Day Prank. Joke's on me. Happy 8 month anniversary to me and Old Man Winter.

Moving on:

Last night Erik and I were in bed talking about how we can't believe it's already time to find out the sex of the baby. Today at 2:30PM, in fact (thus, Genitalia Day)! Anyway at midnight the night before we find out, he says to me "What if we have them put the gender in an envelope and open it when all the family is here for G's baptism?" (Better late than never, huh?)

Is the man insane? I said "Maybe you shouldn't have waited until weeks turned into days which turned into hours. I can't wait anymore." To which he replied "There is a difference between can't and won't." Which is true, I admit. But then I pulled out the thermonuclear. "I spend my whole dang life waiting for something, I'm not waiting any longer for this!"

Done and done. *nods*

When I was pregnant with G I didn't want to find out if he was a boy or a girl until I had him, and Erik talked me into it because he wasn't sure if he'd be here for the birth and wanted to make sure we had everything we needed. Okay, fair enough. But now *I* NEEEEEEED to know.

No, no, there will be no waiting. T minus 4 hours and 21 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment