Friday, April 5, 2013

Little Things

I like doing these "Little Things" posts. A quick wrap-up of what's going on in the world of Jorg, without having to post elaborate narratives.

1. G has started his own clean-up routine. It's random, but at least once a day he shouts "Keem Up!" and starts putting things away. I don't ask questions, just sing his praises and hope it continues.

2. Something about holidays makes me desperately miss our Hawaii friends. When you're so far away from home, you can't get to your family for every holiday, so you spend them with your friends. Easter especially made me miss everyone. I don't need to be back in HI (though I wouldn't complain), but I sure would like another visit with that gang. We're spread all over the world now, so I'm not sure that's going to happen any time soon.

3. I had a really great birthday! I woke up to two bouquets of tulips on the kitchen table and cards from both Erik and G. I got lots of sweet messages from friends and family and Erik bought me a new tablet because my Kindle Fire is giving out. It was a great birthday, and I keep thinking it was a great one to "stop" on, and then I'm reminded of a quote I once read that went something like "Don't begrudge growing old, it's a privilege denied to many," and I can't help but think how lucky I am to have spent 29 years walking this Earth, knowing the people I do, living the life I have. So instead, I decided I'm going to work on a 29 things to do while I'm 29. I'll keep you posted on that one.

4. Today we're heading to Ft. Drum to visit some friends for a long weekend because Erik needs to get a few things done on post for his trip to Thailand this summer and that's the nearest one to where we live (conveniently). I can't wait to get back to our old stomping grounds! Watertown has such a special place in my heart because it's where I used to go visit Erik when we were dating after he left Oklahoma, it's the first place we lived together and our first home after we got married, and most importantly it's where he came home from his first deployment which was 478 days long - definitely a memory I'll never forget as long as I live.

5. G has started asking for kisses and hugs (mostly to get out of trouble, which doesn't work, but we still oblige with lovin's), and he sings now too. It's pretty off-key and the words are often way off (for example, Rock-a-Bye Baby is just him repeating "Rocka Baby" over and over), but it's just about the sweetest thing I've ever seen in my life.

6. Hylands makes these Teething Tabs which are a homeopathic remedy for teething - they help with the pain and the irritability. If I were Hylands, I'd also make a homeopathic remedy for moms going through teething (especially 2 year old molars), because I am OUT.of.PATIENCE and can't have a cocktail. Hopefully they break through soon, poor G is miserable and feverish.

No comments:

Post a Comment