Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My Mother Was Right

When I was pregnant with G, my mom was so sure he was a boy (even before the gender reveal) that she was sending little boy things to our house in HI. I thought at first it was wishful thinking - she only had sisters, she only gave birth to daughters, but she swore up and down and cross ways he was a boy. I'm not sure how she knew since she didn't see me pregnant until after we knew, but she knew. Maybe she willed it so.

As soon as I told her I was pregnant again, she started calling it a her. I couldn't help but be hopeful that she was right. My hope was raised a little bit when our Easter package arrived with little eggs labeled with our prospective girls name, full of hair-bows and socks.

And she was right!!

Yesterday we found out that I'm carrying a girl! We're both excited and thrilled that she's healthy, but a little tiny part of me is a tiny bit sad that G isn't getting a little brother to pal around with. I know that just because two boys are brothers, they aren't necessarily going to be best friends, and that just because siblings are different genders, doesn't mean they can't be best friends. I just want so badly for my kids to be close. Erik and I both have sisters we aren't super close to, and though I think all parties involved with that are fine (we don't hate each other or anything, we're just all incredibly different), in our lifestyle I really want my kids to have each other as allies.

I already find myself shopping for tiny pink things. I waited until after my shower last time, and by then I was already too miserable and swollen to enjoy the shopping spree. No waiting this time! Look out economy, your stimulus is on it's way!

No comments:

Post a Comment