Tuesday, April 30, 2013

"From The Mouths of Babes" / Little Things / All About G / Probably Not Interesting to Anybody But Me

I've been a super-bad blogger lately. And an equally bad journal-er in G's little book.

And by little book, I mean, this little journal I have dedicated to once-monthly entries about his words, his funny thoughts, etc, that I've never actually started writing in...

Anyway, since this is the next best thing I wanted to share some of the silly things he's been saying over the last month or so.

Sheena: I love you buddy, do you love me?
G: Yep.
S: Who else do you love?
G: Dada.
S: Who else?
G: Dogs.
S: Who else?
G: Books!
S: Anyone else?
G: Beans! *Runs off to play*

__

Grant: Teddy bear go.
Sheena: A teddy bear went?
G: Uh huh. Mine.
S: Yours? I didn't know you had a teddy.
G: Yep.
S: What's his name?
G: Sauce.


__

*He has started calling us "Mommy" and "Daddy".

*He also begs for cheeseburgers every chance he gets. Erik is less than thrilled.

*He's really into coloring, which he calls "cuh cuh," this is also his word for cookie.

*Last night he told on himself for pushing a kid named Mary in the church nursery. He told us she cried. Ever tried post-gaming with a child? Not so simple.

*G is obsessed with removing dust jackets from books he finds laying around. I don't like them either. :)

*We started swim lessons on Saturday. He LOVED it and calls it "Schwim Classch"

*Before swimming on Saturday I was running around looking for the swimmy diapers I had bought for class. I had told G the day before to take them to his room, and he went upstairs, so I assumed he had - but of course, they were no where to be found. I kept asking and asking and he kept saying "Pee Pee," which kind of jived with the topic, so I just kind of brushed it off. Finally he called to me from the bathroom. When I got in there he lifted up the toilet seat and sure enough - a brand new package of swimmy diapers just hanging out in the toilet bowl. Luckily they were sealed. I was so impressed with his memory, I couldn't even be that mad. It's really only about the second time he's ever sent something swimming in the potty - and the first time in about a year, so I'm hoping it's not a sign of things to come.

*Sometimes when I sneak into his room to change his diaper before I go to bed, he gives me little nuggets of cuteness while half asleep. Sometimes he just thanks me for changing his diaper "Shank shoo, Mama," and sometimes it's about whatever he's dreaming about (birds or trucks, usually) but last night he woke up to tell me "Daddy funny!"

And in pregnancy related news, I'm already through one bottle of antacid. This kid is going to be another fur-ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment