Sunday, June 8, 2008

It's Hard To Get Things Done When You Don't Have Anything To Do

So I haven't worked for almost three months now. Annoyed, I am. Impatient, I am. Productive, I am. Not.

I admit it, my house could be cleaner. "Why isn't it?", you might be thinking, "It's not like she has anything else to do" and your assumption would be correct, I *don't* have anything else to do. Therein lies the problem. I think to myself "you need to mop" and I give it some consideration, but the part of me that earned myself the title of "princess procrastination" in college says "you can do it tomorrow!" Plus, Erik is installing fans so there is no sense in cleaning around that mess and also we're hosting a cookout/birthday party next weekend and if I clean now Erik and the dog will just mess the place up again. My plan is to start the "deep clean" on Thursday (Erik is off Wednesday or I'd start then).

Don't get me wrong, it's not like the house is dirty, there isn't food lying around or anything, it's not even really that messy. It's just things that *I* see, that *I* would be afraid a visitor would come see and think "why is there dust on her bookcase?" (not that I do that at other peoples houses).

In other news, Erik and I were both asleep before ten last night and were subsiquently up before 7. I actually don't mind getting up early if I wake myself up, and besides, getting up super early means you can catnap and still be wide awake by nine! Not for cleaning though, obviously.

PS - Erik fixed the sweeper. So now I can finish vacuuming. Have I? No. I refer you to the "Erik is installing ceiling fans" part of this blog.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I hadn't worked in over a year. Sometimes it is fun not having a job. You can go where you want, when you want. But then it is nice to have a job. It makes me feel like I contribute and that I accomplish something other than cleaning. So I went out and got a part time. The best of both worlds!

    Also, Do you mind if I link to your blog from mine?

    ReplyDelete